Webinar: Harnessing the Private Health Sector for Gender Equality (recording)
The SHOPS Plus project has advanced gender equality and sparked global learning on gender integration in health programming by incorporating a gender lens across a global initiative and championing gender transformative approaches within the private health sector.
This webinar captured the approaches pioneered over the past six years, including examples from Afghanistan (male engagement and social marketing), Nepal (gender capacity building in the private health sector), and Tanzania (empowering female health care providers through access to credit and business support).
- Mary Beth Hastings, SHOPS Plus Gender Liaison, Iris Group
- Joan Kraft, Gender Advisor, USAID
- Dr. Hedayatullah Saleh, Independent Consultant and former Project Manager for SHOPS Plus Afghanistan
- Maureen Ogada-Ndekana, Chief of Party, Tanzania, SHOPS Plus, Abt Associates
- Maneshka Eliatamby, Senior Associate, Iris Group