Increasing Use of Zinc in the Treatment of Pediatric Diarrhea in Benin: Lessons Learned for Global Programs
This poster discusses the methodology, findings, conclusions, and recommendations from a study of knowledge, attitudes, and practices surrounding diarrhea management, including the correct use of ORS and zinc, in Benin.
- Use of zinc and ORS is rising
- Correct treatment (ORS with zinc for 10 days) rose
- Inappropriate treatment with antibiotics persists, often given with Orasel Zinc
- Health providers play an important role in encouraging use of zinc
- Exposure to Orasel Zinc messages is associated with zinc use
- Exposure to zinc messages and availability of zinc are predictors of zinc use