This interactive e-conference brought together experts to examine the promising potential for digital applications to increase financial inclusion, improve health outcomes, and expand universal health coverage. The conference also featured findings from a comprehensive SHOPS Plus assessment of digital financial services (DFS) for health in the MENA region.
The goal of the e-conference was to identify opportunities to increase financial inclusion and access to health care through digital developments, share knowledge, and link actions to broader strategic objectives for economic development, private sector engagement, improved health, support of displaced populations, and gender equity.
- Ankunda Kariisa, Innovation Advisor, USAID
- Sarah Romorini, Senior Associate, Data Sciences, Surveys, and Enabling Technologies, Abt Associates
- Jeanna Holtz, Director, Health Financing, SHOPS Plus, Abt Associates
- Carol Wilson, Director for Technical Support for Middle East Bureau, USAID
- Jawad Abbassi, MENA Regional Head, GSMA
- Hayder Al-Bagdadi, Program Director, Microfinance, GIZ
- Nadine Chehade, Sr. Financial Sector Specialist, CGAP
- Maha Bahou, CEO, Jordan Payments and Clearing Company
- Michele Grosso, CEO, Democrance
- Michal Matul, Head of Value Added Services, Consumer Insights and Training, AXA
- Gilles Renouil, Director of Microinsurance, Women’s World Banking
- Jalil Allabadi, Co-founder & CEO, Altibbi
- Amy Kay, Senior Technical Advisor, Middle East Bureau, USAID
- Ean Hundley, ICT4D Advisor, Middle East Bureau, USAID