Benin Private Health Sector Assessment
Click infographic to view and save image.
This brief is a summary of the Benin Private Health Sector Assessment, March 2013, conducted by the SHOPS project. Andrew Carmona prepared this brief, which presents the assessment methods, findings, and the following key recommendations:
- Grow the formal sector by streamlining registration and licensing processes for businesses and supporting provider networks.
- Strengthen the role of the private health sector at the national policy level and through advocacy groups.
- Streamline registration, licensing processes, and business operations for pharmaceutical businesses and products.
- Improve access to finance and the business capacity of providers.
- Foster the growth of private sector health financing mechanisms (health insurance).
The overall goal of these recommendations is to present actionable steps for USAID and the public and private sectors to fully leverage private sector resources and formalize, comprehend, and strengthen the private health sector, with a focus on family planning, maternal and child health, urban populations, and service provider networks.
Download the full report in English.
Provider Access to Finance
access to finance