Increasing clinical skills of private providers
SHOPS Plus has worked closely with key stakeholders to strengthen the practical clinical skills of over 50 nursing and midwifery students studying at private medical training institutions. SHOPS Plus is also supporting the accelerated integration of primary health care, family planning, and HIV services within private facilities.
SHOPS plus facilitates clinical training for private providers on post-partum family planning, basic emergency obstetric care , short term and long term family planning services, and management of uncomplicated pediatric pneumonia using Amoxicillin dispersible tablets. The project also conducts technical training for Accredited Drug Dispensing Outlets (ADDOs) on youth friendly services, co-dispensing of oral rehydration salts and zinc for the management of non-bloody diarrhea in children, dispensing practices for Amoxicillin dispersible tablets, and anti-malarial medicines.
- Investing in the next generation of nurses and midwives in Tanzania
- Investing in the next generation of nurses and midwives
- Strengthening skills of the next generation of private providers
- The role of nurses in advancing global health
- Enhancing the Role of Nursing and Midwifery Students to Halt the HIV Epidemic